3 ‘Den’ Room Ideas For Your Home
3 ‘Den’ Room Ideas For Your Home
Den’s have become more popular amongst homes in the United States and across the world. More and more households are viewing these den rooms as a small private room whereby the owner can enjoy some comfort privately, rather than just bonus rooms.
Although the setting and focus in den rooms tend to be more informal, the rise of contemporary den’s has positioned them into stylish rooms found amongst some of the most exclusive properties.
We have put together three of the best den room ideas for you to explore, and disclosed how to make better use of your space.
The home office den room is arguably the most popular type of den found the modern home today. Today’s home’s however, don’t always come with a spare room to fully convert into the office of their choice, which is why many home office rooms have a slight lounge feature to them.
Home offices tend to reflect the personality of the owner, which is why you will find such contrasting and beautiful styles all across the world. While functionality of an office will always be the key focus; it’s the bespoke design of a home office that stands out and helps make a statement.
If you are looking to turn your spare room into a smart and trendy home office, then here are a couple of home office den ideas we have put together to help inspire you.
- Pocket doors. Help bridge small spaces together with the use of a sliding door, which helps save space and adds a unique charm to a room.
- Double space. It’s common to find home office’s combining with standard rooms such as living rooms, lounges and surprisingly even kitchens. Cleverly use furniture to define a den and distinguish from the rest of the room.
- Casual Library. Although we talk about the library / study further down, adding a small library in your home office can really add character to your room.
Below is a home office with a pocket door and a casual library towards the back created by KNG’s architectural woodworking shop. This office was part of an overall project KNG worked on which consisted of an entire floor combination on 200 Central Park South.
Library / Study
Although you would usually find most modern home libraries combined with a home office, there are still some homes which make use of an entirely separate library. Lack of space is a current problem amongst many home owners, with many looking for smart alternatives for their home library room. Here are a couple of ideas that will help you use space in the best possible way, without jeopardizing any of the rooms allure.
- A wall of books. Maximise space by covering a whole wall with a bookshelf and filled with your reading material.
- Seating at the heart of the library. Not only will space be smartly saved, but having your sofa or seats in the center of the room can really add to your home library unique charm.
Below is a bespoke home library which features custom millwork, all fabricated and installed by KNG. You can find more information about this project here.
Whatever your design style, the family rooms is the place to gather with the ones you love. While most traditional homes would have a main living/ family room, many contemporary houses have welcomed the addition of a second more intimate closed family room.
When it comes to remodeling your small family room, you just can’t afford to waste space, both horizontally and vertical. Here are just a few ideas to help you when fabricating and remodeling your family room.
- High ceilings. Having your ceiling higher up allows you to fabricate and install taller shelves that could accommodate your television unit and alternative storage.
- Custom furniture. More often than not, you won’t find a furniture piece that fully fits your room size and design style when remodeling your family room. You may want to look at creating custom furniture pieces for your room.
- Carpet the room. Purely for taste rather than for saving space.
The family room below was part of an overall custom millwork and furniture project in which KNG construction were approached to work on.
Are you in the process of renovating your home and left with a small room, unfamiliar of what to do with? KNG construction is a full-service construction management and general contracting firms with over 20 years of experience.
We have the ability to fabricate and install any custom millwork for your den room based on your preferences or your architectural designs, thanks to our very own architectural woodworking shop.